For real estate agents, the Trump presidency is a dream come true – after all, who better to push legislation to benefit real estate moguls and drive home sales? This is especially true for those selling real estate in Washington, DC – as the area floods with Southerners moving North to join Trump’s cabinet, real estate agents are expected to be very busy.
The inauguration itself is expected to be one of the glitziest parties in the Capitol in history. While Trump didn’t secure A-listers for his victory bash, there will be a solid lineup of faith leaders, including:
- Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference and senior pastor at New Season Christian Worship Center, an Assemblies of God congregation in Sacramento, Calif.
- Rabbi Marvin Hier, the founding president of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles.
- Paula White, Trump’s “spiritual adviser”, chair of his evangelical counsel, televangelist prosperity gospel preacher, and leader of New Destiny Christian Center near Orlando, Fla.
- Bishop Wayne T. Jackson, who leads Great Faith Ministries in Detroit, and who is another prosperity gospel preacher.
- His Eminence, Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the archbishop of New York.
- Franklin Graham (son of Billy Graham) and leader of the conservative Christian right.
While musical guests are thinner on the ground, a few Rockettes have agreed to appear, and some members of the Mormon Tabernacle choir have volunteered to sing. Also making appearances at the “Make America Great Again! Welcome Celebration” on Thursday, January 19th:
- Toby Keith, country superstar known for I Ain’t as Young as I Once Was
- Jennifer Holliday, actress / singer from Dreamgirls and The Color Purple
- Three Doors Down, the band famous for Kryptonite and Here Without You
The Piano Guys, Lee Greenwood, Jackie Evancho, and the Frontmen of Country will also be performing.
Once the inauguration is over, Trump is expected to split his time between New York and the White House. Real estate agents in New York City expect to see demand for condos and apartments go up rapidly due to the additional on-site security required around Trump Tower, and homes in New Jersey as well as in Maryland, Virginia, and other states surrounding New York and DC will be in demand as Trump gathers his cadre of advisers, cabinet members, and extended family and friends to the fold.
Long term, Trump is expected to affect the real estate market, as evidenced already by higher interest rates. The Federal Reserve’s recent rate hike allowed 30-year mortgage rates to begin creeping up on 4.5 percent in many markets. Prospective home buyers can be expected to react quickly, seeking to lock in lower mortgage rates before they go higher in 2017.
Whatever the future may hold for the rest of the country, with a real estate mogul like Trump at the helm bigger profits and more kindly legislation is likely to be on the table for real estate agents, no matter what the location and type of property is being bought or sold. The inauguration is just the first step towards a big four years.