Applications or Phone Apps help the world go round, now more than ever. Since the dawn of smartphones, we’ve been finding a way to app-ify everything from calculators to taxis. Real estate agents aren’t excluded from this wave of ingenuity either! There are a number of apps that cater to the real estate crowd, and real estate agents can pick and choose which applications can help them best.
Here are a few of the most promising options, but a quick look into the app store can help you find a variety of apps, both paid, free, and everything in between. (You can also see our recent blog about getting listed in The OFFICIAL Real Estate Agent Directory® for better online visibility and to expand your brand!)
Always Free Apps
- RPR Mobile. Designed for agents, this app has it all. Location-based data, information on listings and properties, and more. Whether you’re using an Android or iPhone, this app is worth checking out.
- Adobe Premiere Clip. If you have clients that want a thorough, digital look at a home before viewing and buying, this app is a must-have. It helps you create seamless, edited videos without the hassle of uploading and manual editing. You can upload the video to your cloud, put it in a dropbox, email it, or save it directly to your phone.
- Docusign. While it does require a membership, this application is a must-have for anyone trying to close a deal. Send documents for signing anywhere, anytime, and get immediate digital responses.
- Matterport. Another must-have for anyone who has to close deals over a distance. Matterport creates 3d tours, which can be sent to potential clients wherever they are. While it does require a fee, the payoff can be enormous.
Free Apps with Pro Versions
- Cloze. Ever wish you could sort your emails with one application? Cloze is your friend. This app syncs together your mail, calendar, social media, and even your note-taking apps like Evernote. Reduce your digital clutter, and try the pro version for $13 a month.
- Zapier. While Cloze organizes your mail and schedule, Zapier organizes your clients. Zapier collects everyone who signs up for your mailing lists and makes it easy for you to net new clients. Pro versions start at $20 a month!
Paid Apps with Free Trials
- Expensify. If you fall in love with this phone app within the free trial, the $5 a month fee will seem like loose change. Scan your receipts with your phone, and Expensify collects and logs info about the purchase. It can help you create expense reports, and save time every week.
- Magicplan. Create floor plans, get dimensions, and download your layouts for free. Magicplan can help with staging, listing information, and enticing potential buyers with digital information on a home before they even step foot inside. Free to start, and a number of features and prices.
Real estate agent Safety Apps:
- RealAlert. Paid download of $1.99, this phone app offers the utmost in safety for agents. Call 911 in one tap, alert a friend, sound an alarm, save details on suspicious persons, and locate the nearest hospital. This phone app was created by Austin, Texas, real estate agent Michelle Jones.
- Guardly. The basic plan is free, the premium plan is an upgraded option for $1.99 per month or $19.99 per year. This phone app allows real estate agents to send an alert via phone, email and text that includes your location to emergency contacts.
If you are interested in other home safety advice you can read about home security systems and how to make your home safe.
Phone Apps can be a good way to enrich your real estate experience, and they’re easy to get as long as you have a smartphone. While they are never necessary for success, they sure cannot hinder your progress. Always go for real-world contacts and methods first, and use your digital resources as supplements.
If you’re still working with dated real estate technology, go out there and get in the tech groove! You might be surprised by how much potential lies there is when you enter the world of apps.