Definition of "Business income coverage form"
Type of commercial property policy that provides coverage for a business' indirect losses resulting from damages to the property of the business. Coverage normally contains a coinsurance requirement. This form has replaced the business interruption insurance policy. Included in this coverage for losses and expenses resulting from the interruption of normal business operations are:
- Business income loss of net business income plus continuing expenses according to one of the following options is: Option 1 loss of business income to include rental value; Option 2 loss of business income to exclude rental value; Option 3 loss of business income derived only from rental value.
- Extra expense additional expense generated because of the direct loss to the property of the business.
- Civil authority loss of business income because a civil authority denies access to the premises of the business due to direct property losses at a location not at the premises of the business.
- Alterations and new buildings loss of business income because of direct property damage to new buildings or structures. Also covered is direct property damage to alterations or additions to existing buildings or structures, machinery, equipment, building materials, or supplies located within 100 feet of the premises of the business resulting in a loss of business income.
- . Extended business income loss of business income beginning at the date the property of the business is returned to operating status and business operations actually start. This period of time is subject to a maximum of 30 days.
Search Real Estate Glossary
Related Real Estate Glossary terms
Related Real Estate FAQ