Definition of "Exclusions from medical benefits exemption"
Found under the "Exceptions and Exclusions Section for All Medical Benefits" in many health insurance policies that exclude:
- complications arising from elective, nontherapeutic voluntary abortion.
- necessary cosmetic surgery for the immediate repair of a nonoccupational disease, illness, accident, or injury.
- custom-built orthopedic shoes, wedges, or arch supports.
- speech therapy ordered by a physician to restore partial or complete loss of speech resulting from stroke, cancer, radiation laryngitis, orcerebral palsy.
- services, supplies, or treatment in connection with or related to endogenous obesity or obesity resulting from external causes thatthe physician certifies is associated with a serious or life-threatening disorder.
Popular Insurance Terms
Popular Insurance Questions