Definition of "Pension plan limits"
Dollar limitations under the Internal Revenue Service code as follows:
- The elective annual deferral limit is $10,000.
- A highly compensated employee's annual compensation limit is $80,000.
- QUALIFIED PLANS and SIMPLIFIED EMPLOYEE PENSION (SEP) plan annual compensation limit for contributions is $160,000.
- SIMPLIFIED RETIREMENT ACCOUNT annual compensation limitation is $6000.
- SIMPLIFIED EMPLOYEE PENSION (SEP) plan annual compensation minimum is $400.
- State, local government, and tax-exempt organizations' annual limitation on deferrals under DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLANS is $8000.
- The DEFINED BENEFIT PLAN maximum annual benefit under Section 415 (b) (1) (a) is $130,000.
- The DEFINED CONTRIBUTION PLAN maximum annual contribution under Section 415 (c) (1) (a) is $30,000.
- The maximum account balance dollar amount permitted for determining the tax credit under an EMPLOYEE STOCK OPTION PLAN (ESOP) subject to a five-year period of distribution is $735,000.
Search Real Estate Glossary
Related Real Estate Glossary terms
Related Real Estate FAQ