Have you ever pictured yourself in a exotic location by the beachside, lying down with a cocktail in your hand while the sunshine embraces you with it’s warmth. Have you seen yourself walking along the coastline in the afternoon sun, surrounded by palm trees and enjoying the beautiful view along with your family or friends, having the time of your life. That sounds like the perfect summer vacation but have you ever thought about living in such a place.
The state of Florida is the place where you can find such a location and the housing market in this state is mature and growing more every year, but it could also be highly priced compared to some other places. South Florida is home to the Miami metropolitan area, the seventh-largest metropolitan area in the United States and Boca Raton is part of it.
Boca Raton, also known as the city of affluence, is home to some of the most beautiful homes in the state of Florida, spanning from luxury living communities to waterfront estates to great neighborhood living with “A” rated school zones. Boca Raton is considered to be the Beverly Hills of Florida with beach resorts, country clubs and five star restaurants and shopping. Boca Raton real estate has plenty to offer for each member of the family, no matter what style of living you are looking for. If you think Boca Raton is the ideal place for you to live in and you are looking for a safe place like Boca to relocate, make sure you hire one of the top realtors in Boca Raton FL for the greatest moving experience of your life.
Boca Raton, home of some renowned celebrities
Many notable athletes and celebrities are proud to call Boca Raton their home. Bon Jovi, a famous member of the Songwriters Hall of Fame and well respected artist, is a notable resident of Boca Raton. The New Jersey native found his heart in the beautiful, sunny city of Boca Raton, and has called it home since.
Another singer/songwriter heartthrob, Ariana Grande, got her start in Boca Raton, Florida. Growing up in the sunshine state, she attended North Broward Prep School, one of the many amazing educational facilities known to Boca Raton, where families can ensure their students are getting some of the best education Florida has to offer. As a community, Boca Raton prides itself on great schools with education that consistently ranks as the highest performing among Florida school districts.
Comedian and actor Adam Sandler, well known for his start in Saturday Night Live, loves Boca Raton Florida so much that he recently bought his mother a home in Boca Raton as her primary residence. Sandler’s family has also chosen to live locally, enjoying the luxury-living options Boca Raton has to offer.Adam Sandler’s condo home is 2,600-square-foot. It was built originally in 1981 and it has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
House prices in Boca Raton, Florida
As far as housing in Boca Raton goes many estates and mansions have been built to reflect the high value of the real estate market in the area. Boca Raton has a median home value of $344,556 and the prices for houses has gone up by 1.5% over the past year as far as rent goes the median rent price is $2,250. House prices range from $655,000-$966,000 for 18% of houses listed, 8.5% of them are in the $966,000-$1,288,000 range and 11.9% are above $1,288,000 range.
Most expensive neighborhoods in Boca Raton
Boca Raton is home for some of the most expensive neighborhoods but also the most highly rated communities that scream opulent and catch the eye of any home buyer that is aiming toward the top end communities. Here are some of the waterfront and gated communities that share all this luxurious features:
- Woodfield Country Club – This is one of the most affluent communities not only in Boca Raton but also in South Florida, a premier gated community that comprises around 1,300 houses with single family residences, townhomes and mansions. Here you can find homes with prices ranging from $1 million to more than $15 million.
- Fieldbrook estates – This community is an impressive location near Mizner Park that features luxury houses with prices ranging from $1 million to $5 million and this community also features a golf course, an impressive clubhouse and a lake.
- Le Lac – A gated community that has multi-million dollar houses within its borders, with 32 private estates that are priced between $3 million and $7 million. This community screams luxury and it’s breathtaking landscape adds to the opulents of the place. Also this community offers amenities that increases the reputation of this place with swimming pools, docks, boathouses, fitness centers, tennis courts and a lot more.
- Boca Bath and Tennis – Another gated community that offers the exclusivity and the feel of a rich and luxurious community but without the big, bold manions, but rather reasonably sized houses that are priced at around $1 million range.
- Les Jardins – Housing in this area reflects the classic feel of a residential structure built in the 80’s or late 90’s, and house prices here range from $1.3 million to $2.4 million.
- St Andrews Country Club – A country club community that created a championship golf course that was designed by a famous pro golfer, a 18-hole Arnold Palmer course. It is the only community with two 18-hole golf courses and housing variety in this area offers people plenty of options to choose from with houses that have starting prices at around $500,000 to a high of $10 million for mansions.
- Le Rivage – Not being a community as big as some of the other gated communities Le Rivage is certainly one of the most exclusive and opulent neighborhoods in Boca Raton. With 18 luxurious lakefront estate homes the prices for these residences go as high as $4 million.
- The Oaks – country club community that is aiming to offer its residents the feel of a good life with a relaxed atmosphere and access to fitness centers and a spa, 12-tennis court complex and enclave’s clubhouse. House prices here are around the $1 million range.
Boca Raton waterfront housing
Since Boca Raton is a coastal destination with beautiful beaches and breathtaking beachside views, waterfront real estate is an important aspect of Boca Raton. Waterfront houses in Boca have a rich history with diverse architectural inspiration such as Mediterranean, Key-West style, Colonial, and Contemporary. These waterfront estates are impressive with private large gardens that have big entranceways, chef kitchens with top end appliances, marble/stone flooring, fitness rooms, private home theaters, fitness rooms and resort-style swimming pools. The most exclusive waterfront area is well placed in order to offer its residents a beautiful tropical landscape with deep water canals and verdant foliage. Coastline destinations are well known for their waterfront properties and some of the best places to buy waterfront properties are located not only in Florida, but also in some other states. Some of these elite communities are as follows:
- The Sanctuary – A yachting community located in East Boca Raton, it’s a gated community that impresses with it’s large, spacious estates and also it is well known for being unique because of it’s awareness around wildlife and they preserve it well.
- Royal Palm Yacht & Country Club – a luxurious affluent country club in Boca, standing across the Intracoastal Waterway, this community features opulent and magnificent estates with house prices that range from $1 million to more than $15 million. The community also features Jack Nicklaus’ Signature Golf Course, a Yacht Club with gourmet restaurants, a fitness center and tennis courts.
- Boca Marina Yacht Club – situated on the west side of the Intracoastal Waterway in Boca Raton, this community offers homes that are populating the beautiful waterfront retreat with some of the most luxurious estates .
- Bel Marra – One of the most desirable waterfront communities for people who are into boating, this community has been built around wide canals that offers easy access to the Intercoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean. Homes in this area range from single-family estate homes to grand exquisite mansions and houses in this area come with private docking stations.
- Pot La Mar – located along the Intracoastal Waterway, Lake Boca and the Boca Inlet this exclusive waterfront community is a non-gated intimate neighborhood with a breathtaking tropical landscape and beach area surroundings. This community has a rich history and it is the oldest luxury community in Boca Raton.
Condos in Boca Raton
So far we talked about luxurious homes with exquisite features and some of the best locations, but condos in Boca are not far behind in terms of their exclusive feel and waterfront placement.
Top end condominiums in Boca Raton come in a high floor center stack also known as skyrises, that can offer the most beautiful intracoastal/ocean views as well as spectacular city views. The elevator takes you directly to one of the most spacious homes with high ceilings, large closets, marbled floors and baths, detailed walls with floor to ceiling glass providing the most beautiful waterfront views.
Renting is also worth considering since Boca Raton is a city with high touristic potential. People who plan to stay for a short period of time or even for someone who plans to relocate in Boca a rental might be the best option. Maybe having to rent for a while until you settle down and find a good place to buy a home is the best option. If you never rented before it might be a new experience and there are some things you need to know about your first rental apartment to get the best deal.
Real estate trends for 2020 in Boca Raton
Because the state of Florida benefits from a low unemployment rate, lower than the national average, low unemployment means that most people would be out there as home buyers looking to purchase their first home. Boca Raton has a well developed real estate market. The state doesn’t perceive any income taxes and because of the tropical location, most of these buyers might find their dream home in Boca.
Real estate market trends in Boca Raton predict that 2020 is going to bring a slow rise in home prices and because of the slow increase this might also attract more buyers. Over the past 2 years there was a slight increase in the listing median price and this might suggest an increase in 2020 as well. On the contrary, companies in the area tend to pay with cash, causing home prices to drop a little in order to receive a faster sale. Lower interest rates are pushing more homebuyers for the purchase and the fear of a real estate crash has pushed more owners to sell for cash and has stopped people from borrowing against their home.