Please wait ...
Royal Shell Real Estate- The Kimberly Group
Mobile: 1-239-919-2742Website Agent Listings Contact Kimberly Alvord
Bonita Springs, Florida is a beautiful coastal city, located on both Estero Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Located south of Cape Coral on Florida’s west coast, gives Bonita Springs, Florida, an ideal position on the Gulf of Mexico. It features beautiful beaches and nature preserves including The Everglades Wonder Garden and the Bonita Springs Water Tower.
You’re wondering whether Bonita Springs FL is a nice place to live? Well, realtors in Bonita Springs FL definitely believe so. While existing primarily as a retirement and second home vacation community, Bonita Springs is home to a growing number of businesses due to low business taxes, inexpensive commercial office space, and a growing community of educated professionals.
Bonita Springs also has a low crime rate, high graduation rates, lots of local amenities, and a stable housing market. The average list price for a single-family home is about $773,000 while this type of housing makes up around 43% of all homes in the city according to real estate agents in Bonita Springs FL. For those who are at the start of their life and are looking for a condo, you’ll be glad to hear that the average listing price for a condo is at about $535,000. Multi-family homes are harder to come by in Bonita Springs, but approximately 25% of the city’s housing is located in apartment complexes, while 7% are in small apartment buildings.
The city’s appeal comes, in part, from its proximity to other major cities. So what major city is Bonita Springs Florida close to? With only 22 miles to separate them, and a 33-minute drive needed to get there, Cape Coral is the closest major city to Bonita Springs, Florida. However, realtors in Bonita Springs FL will point out that Fort Myers, Florida, is not far away either. The 28 miles can be covered in 34 minutes by car. Seeing as the two major cities are different from each other, whichever attracts you more depends on what you want from the bigger city. For instance, Cape Coral is more residential while Fort Myers is more commercial.
Seeing as the cost of living in this small coastal town is higher than in the much bigger cities close by, are you still wondering whether Bonita Springs FL is safe? Real estate agents in Bonita Springs FL consider it safe to say that the community of this small yet charming Estero Bay town lives a comfortable life here. With a median age of 59, the growing population of Bonita Springs, Florida, went over 66,000 in 2022, maintaining a 3.5% annual growth rate.
But is Bonita Springs a good place to retire? Well, it depends on what you want to do once you retire. If living by the ocean and waking up to a great view of the Gulf of Mexico is your retirement dream, then yes, but you will need to make quite an investment in order to obtain that. Realtors in Bonita Spring FL can tell you everything you want to know about prices and location and just how affordable that would be for you. The fact of the matter is that around 80% of the city’s population are homeowners, and the rest 20% pay an average rent of $2,000 per month.
While Bonita Springs, Florida, is known for its Small Town Charm it also has a Big Bright Future. During 2018, the economy of Bonita Springs experienced a significant 12.8% median household income growth rate reaching $70,000, but by 2020 this income almost reached $72,500. The most common occupations are in Sales and Related positions, while the highest-paid jobs are Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners and Other Technical Occupations with median earnings of $71,500 in 2018. Still, real estate agents in Bonita Springs FL will tell you that the most common industry is Construction while the highest-paying industry is the Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services with median earnings of $68,000 in 2018.
The city’s overall livability is massively appreciated so if this city sparks your interest don’t hesitate in contacting some of the best realtors in Bonita Springs FL listed above.